HOW TO RUN OR MANAGE YOUR BRAND
What is a brand?
Branding is one of the most important marketing principles and perhaps the most misunderstood. By definition, it is the quickest way to communicate your business value and promotes a recognizable identity that lets people connect with your business.
Branding is not about driving revenues to the bottom line, but about leaving people with a lasting impression about your product/services, values, and your company. It is what makes people want to: (i) inform others about your business (ii) makes them choose to invest in it and (iii) want to buy from you again and again.
In this competitive business world, the need to manage your brand must not be underrated. Bear in mind that how your business is perceived by people is how it is considered. This may not be the reality, but what people think and say about your brand has a significant impact on the image and reputation of the business. For this reason, it is essential you run or manage your brand effectively to ensure people read good things about you and are positively influenced to patronize you.
Let me talk a little about the importance Of Branding
If there is one thing that you must do to be consistently successful – it is business branding. Successful branding is more than people getting familiar with your logo. It is what separates you from your competition, conveys your business values as well as gives credibility of your business. This process is important to success and getting it right can simply influence your customers to opt for your services or products over your competitors.
A FEW STEPS TO ACCELERATING OR MANAGING YOUR BRAND
Managing a brand is a big task and an important one for the reputation of your business. This is not something that can be achieved overnight; it is a gradual process of maintaining outstanding support and delivering what your clients want. However, you don’t have to wait for several years to achieve this. You can accelerate the process by working through the steps mentioned below:
- Targets – Who will be your most vital customers? You need to work on placing your business before people who have genuine interests in what you offer. Connect, relate with them and also provide what they want.
- Messaging – How will you stand out from other businesses like yours? How do you want people to remember you whenever they need the service or products you offer? It is important you register your brand in people’s memory with the right messaging.
- Offer Value – Which of their problems will you be able to solve? What joy will you bring? Many businesses only consider their services or products rather than their customers’ problem they will solve. Let your customers feel you know their problems and be sure to provide real value.
- Visibility – The visibility of your business is as important as your business itself. How (and how often) will you build your brand recognition factor? How will you make people learn of your existence? Your answers depend on your targeted customers – who they are, what they look at, where they are and how they like to receive information among many others. Whatever is your decision, you need to always use your messaging in every visibility effort, including telephone calls, voice mails, written communications, and one-on-one meetings.
- Create a unique brand: Get the attention of the public by doing something in a different way. Rather than do what has already be done, it can be very amazing if you are creative. Do not forget the legal risks in copyright infringement that is connected to stealing or plagiarizing other business works.
- Unique Ability – What is so special about the way you solve your customer’s problems? What will you do that others in the same niche or industry will not or cannot do? Do you save your customers time and aggravation, offer friendly customer support or reliable services that others don’t? Your answer to these questions will make you stand out in during your marketing or promotion.
- Managing criticisms – One great way to run your brand is to learn how to manage people’s complaints. At some point in time, there will normally be clients who will have one issue or the other about your business or the product/services you offer. Be sure to manage these complaints and provide answers where necessary. If people see how efficiently and swiftly complaints are handled, it will show them that you hold your clients’ satisfaction very dearly. And in return, your brand will be strengthened.
- Monitor your competitors – One effective way to run your brand is to monitor your competitors. Take a look at how they work and how the market is reacting to the services or products they offer.
- Be straightforward – Regardless of how bad things become, insincerity can make things worse. Under no circumstances should you lie. Mistakes can be fixed, but knowing you as a liar is the worst thing for your brand and can be hard. You will have to work hard to rebuild the trust, which can be difficult to achieve.
Some other ways through which you can build or manage your brand are as follows:
- Social Media: There is no better way to build or accelerate your brand than by sharing meaningful information on social media sites. It’s also a great way to reach your customers.
- Promotions: Tell me who does not like promotions. With some clicks, you are on your way to being noticed by your targeted market.
- Email marketing: With email communication, you can speak directly with prospects and existing customers in a language they understand.
- Forums: Another way to accelerate your brand would be to join in the discussions that are relevant to your brand. Proffer professional advice/solutions and also give a link to your website. This attracts the needed targeted traffic.
- Blogs: If you want to effectively manage your brand, it is essential to publish your own blog. Posting an article with a link to your website can help to increase your search rank. Blogging still works, so make use of it.
- Video: We all love videos that we can learn from and at the same time keep us entertained. With creative videos, you can connect with people by giving them a piece of what your business is about.
- Read books: Books are a fantastic inexpensive way to learn. You can read about people who have effectively managed and accelerated their business. Online or Offline courses are also great. You can invest in online courses that deal with how to successfully run or manage a brand.
Do the above sounds like too much work? Well, is anything “too much work” when it comes to building your brand that you cannot afford to put in your time?
Whether you do it by yourself or you hire an expert, bear in mind that as you work, you are already and considerately maintaining strong brand awareness with your customers to ensure they either consider you first or second whenever they need the product or services you offer.
Protecting Your Brand
In today’s business environment, investing in brand protection is a must for businesses as online threats to your brand can take any form including web-linking infractions, Malware attacks, traffic diversion schemes, Hijacked domains etc. A damaged brand could drive customers away, destroy the trust you’ve worked so hard to build and ultimately threaten your company’s future. Protecting your brand is not an impossible task, so make sure you work it out!
Keep in mind that the word “brand” is you, your company, your values, and the services or products you offer. All these are critical as they strengthen your business in the consciousness of your target customers, and the experience they have with your business will surely back up your brand. In addition, make sure you deliver whatever you have promised. As you continue to increase your brand awareness and establish people’s confidence, your brand becomes vital than what you are offering as people become loyal to your brand.
Finally, you must understand that your brand is the heart of the business. And this is why choosing a reliable agency who knows your niche and your services/products is important. They will effectively manage your brand since they know all that it is about.
Thanks For being a valued reader.
To continually educate yourself, do not hesitate to visit our online Book Store at:
You can forward any Questions Or Concerns To:
2288 Gunbarrel Rd. Suite # 154/388
Chattanooga, TN 37421